Want to discover the most beautiful villas in Italy.
Here is my personal ranking!!!
The villa was the seat of various distinctive acts and transactions.
10. VILLA MONDRAGONE
It was on the Villa Mondragone that in 1582, Pope Gregory promulgated the doc which initiated the reform of the calendar now in use and generally known as the Gregorian calendar.
Villa Mondragone was at its most splendor throughout the epoch of the Borghese household.
9. VILLA ALDOBRANDINI
Essentially the most well-known residence of the realm generally known as Castelli Romani.
The villa was constructed between 1598 and 1604 for Cardinal Pietro Aldobrandini and is an excellent instance of Mannerist architecture.
The stuccoes and monumental entrance had been added greater than a century later.
The great 16th century frescoes are a exceptional instance of the transition from late Mannerism to the Baroque.
The opulent villa stands out from different villas in Lucca and in Tuscany by the multicolored, rococo facade of the primary constructing made of various supplies.
The villa additionally accommodates a personal theater.
7. VILLA ERBA (COMO LAKE)
Positioned close to the Tuscan city of Barberino di Mugello, north of Florence, the Villa Medicea di Cafaggiolo is one of many oldest and most favored of the Medici household estates..
..having been in the possession of the household because the 14th century.
6. VILLA CARLOTTA (COMO LAKE)
It was constructed in the late 17th century following the canons of the late Lombard Baroque. Within the 19th century, the residence was transformed right into a Neo-Classical villa.
The botanical backyard accommodates over 800 totally different species and varieties.
5. VILLA DEL BALBIANELLO (COMO LAKE)Villa del Balbianello is, without doubt, one of the most harmonious examples of a villa with a backyard, the place the sweetness lies in the general impact slightly than in every particular person element.The villa was used as a setting in the James Bond film Casino Royale.
4. VILLA D’ESTE (TIVOLI)Villa d’Este was constructed for the son of Lucrezia Borgia, Cardinal Ippolito II d’Este, in 1550.The plan of the villa is progressive and irregular in design as a result of the architect being obliged to respect the layout of the earlier monastic construction, a Benedictine convent, on which the villa was constructed.The design is historically attributed to the Neapolitan architect Pirro Ligorio (1500-83).
3.VILLA CIMBRONE (RAVELLO, AMALFI)Famous for its “Terrace of Infinity”, which provides what Gore Vidal referred to as “the most beautiful view in the world”, Villa Cimbrone and its backyard are thought-about probably the most consultant examples of English panorama gardens.The property now homes a 5-star hotel.
2. VILLA LA CASSINELLA (COMO LAKE)Villa la Cassinella is a really distinctive vacation spot place as many as 17Visitors can calm down and take pleasure in unsurpassed ranges of style and luxury and for the consolation of every visitor it offers full employees to care for each doable request.
1. VILLA RUFOLO (RAVELLO, AMALFI)Villa Rufolo is situated in the historic middle of Ravello.Constructed in the 13th century by the rich Rufolo household, a member of which was cited by Boccaccio in the Decameron, the villa was additionally the residence of a number of popes in addition to Charles of Anjou.It provides a surprising panorama over the Amalfi coast and the Gulf of Salerno.
Facebook Comments Box