Very simple and really quick, this recipe is within the reach of all moms who want to prepare a nutritious yet light first course for their little ones.
- Pastina (half a box) of your choice (Stelline, Orzo, Fili d’angelo, Risoni);
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube, 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon, or 1 quart store bought or homemade Chicken broth
- chopped parsley
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for topping
Fill a small pot with 4 cups water and add the bouillon or use 4 cups of chicken broth instead.
Taste for salt and add some if you like.
Bring to a boil and then add pasta and cook for amount specified on the box of pastini stirring quite often.
Top with olive oil, red pepper, parsley, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Note: If we are battling a flu or other virus I add 1 chopped garlic clove to the broth in the beginning. If you mince it it will be to over powering so just chop.
Facebook Comments Box