Experience the authentic flavors of Italy with this hearty, rustic dish featuring pan-roasted sausage, potatoes and onions.
This traditional Italian dish is a staple in many households, known for its simplicity, robust flavors and the comfort it brings to the table.
It is perfect for evenings at home or whenever you are in the mood for something truly satisfying.
For this recipe, when you start cooking the sausages and vegetables, you should set your stove to medium heat.
This is usually about 350 degrees Fahrenheit if your stove has a temperature setting.
When you cover the pan and let it simmer, you should reduce the heat to low.
Usually the temperature is about 200 degrees F.
Remember that these temperatures may vary depending on your stove and the type of pan you are using.
The key is to keep an eye on the food to prevent it from burning.
If you notice that it is cooking too quickly or browning too much, do not hesitate to adjust the heat as necessary.
- 4 Italian sausages
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup of white wine (optional)Instructions:
- Start by peeling the potatoes and onions. Cut the potatoes into quarters and slice the onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until they are browned on all sides. Remove the sausages from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the potatoes and onions, stirring to coat them in the oil. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and the onions are translucent.
- Season the potatoes and onions with salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Stir well to distribute the seasonings.
- Return the sausages to the pan, nestling them among the potatoes and onions. If using, pour the white wine over the sausages, potatoes, and onions.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Let everything simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve the Italian-style pan of potatoes, onions, and sausage hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy this comforting and flavorful dish with a side of crusty bread or a simple green salad.
Facebook Comments Box