Potato Croquettes are an appetizer, side dish, finger food or snack.
They are really loved by everyone and ideal to serve throughout the year.
This recipe is really very simple and the result is guaranteed, plus you can bake the resulting croquettes either in the oven or by frying them.
Baking is ideal to keep them lighter but still tasty, while frying is great to get the typical tasty crust and a slightly more mouthwatering result.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- nutmeg to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Wash the potatoes (choose a floury variety, preferably red), place them in a large pot, cover with cold water, salt, put the lid on, and cook for 40 minutes.
2) Drain the boiled potatoes, let them cool slightly, peel and mash them with a potato masher. Add 1 egg yolk, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a grating of nutmeg, salt and pepper to the mash.
3) With the potato mixture, prepare many cylindrical patties of equal size and mash them first in the remaining beaten egg and then in bread crumbs.
4) Fry the potato croquettes in plenty of boiling oil, remove them with a perforated spatula and let them dry on kitchen paper. Serve them piping hot.
Facebook Comments Box