My recipe transforms humble mashed potatoes into a symphony of flavors, with the fruity, nutty undertones of the king of cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano.
Perfect for a family gathering or special occasion, this dish promises to engage your senses and leave your guests eager for more.
- 2.2 lbs of gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3.5 oz of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 5.3 oz of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg
1. Start by placing the potatoes, peeled and cut into four, in a large pot. Cover them with cold water, season with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once they come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and let the potatoes simmer until they are fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, gently heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted. Be careful not to let the mixture boil. Once combined, remove from the heat.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them thoroughly and return them to the pot. Over low heat, mash the potatoes until smooth and lump-free.
4. Slowly pour the hot milk and butter mixture into the mashed potatoes, stirring constantly. The potatoes should absorb the liquid and become creamy.
5. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until evenly distributed in the potatoes. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to enhance the flavors.
6. Once everything is well combined, transfer the mashed potatoes to a warm serving dish.
7. Serve the Parmesan mashed potatoes piping hot, allowing your guests to enjoy the rich, comforting flavor created with an Italian twist.
The addition of nutmeg adds a subtle warmth and depth to the dish, complementing the umami of the Parmesan cheese.
If you prefer a lighter version, you can change the amount of butter or replace it with olive oil for a different twist.
Enjoy this hot dish as a side dish to your main course or as a stand-alone star that is sure to impress.
Facebook Comments Box