This sandwich is a love letter to the simplicity and elegance of Italian cuisine, where the quality of the ingredients speaks for itself.
The saltiness of thinly sliced Prosciutto crudo, the sweetness of ripe tomatoes, and the creamy texture of fresh mozzarella come together in a harmonious blend that is both refreshing and deeply satisfying.
Made with a passion for traditional Italian cuisine, this sandwich is a testament to the timeless flavor combination that has been savored for generations.
Whether you are in a cozy café or on the road, this recipe invites you to slow down and savor the moment, one delicious bite at a time.
So gather your ingredients, embrace the art of Italian sandwich making, and prepare to be transported on a culinary adventure that celebrates the joy of simple, beautiful food.
- 1 ciabatta roll or Italian baguette
- 4 slices of Prosciutto crudo (high-quality, such as Parma or San Daniele)
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 4 oz (115g) of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: Balsamic glaze or vinegar for drizzling
Prepare the Bread:
- Slice the ciabatta roll or baguette in half horizontally.
- Optionally, toast the halves lightly for a warm, crispy texture.
Assemble the Panino:
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on the cut sides of the bread.
- On the bottom half, layer the slices of Prosciutto crudo evenly.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on top of the prosciutto.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the mozzarella.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves on top of the tomatoes.
- If you like, drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze or vinegar over the ingredients for a touch of acidity and sweetness.
- Place the top half of the bread on and press down gently.
Cut the panino in half if desired.
Serve immediately to enjoy the flavors of the fresh ingredients at their best.