This rustic and satisfying recipe combines tender potatoes, creamy provolone cheese and perfectly cooked pasta, all wrapped in a rich tomato sauce.
Each bite is a delicious blend of textures and flavors, making it a classic of Italian cuisine.
Whether you are looking for a comforting meal for the week or a dish to impress guests, this pasta with potatoes and provolone is sure to become a valuable addition to your culinary repertoire.
- 12 oz pasta (such as ditali, penne or rigatoni)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 7 oz provola cheese, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14 oz canned tomatoes, crushed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)Instructions:
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture simmer until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the diced provola cheese to the pot and stir until it’s melted and well combined with the sauce.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the pot with the sauce and potatoes. Mix everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta with potatoes and provola cheese hot, with an extra drizzle of olive oil and some grated Parmesan cheese if desired.Enjoy your Pasta with Potatoes and Provola Cheese!
Facebook Comments Box