Limoncello plumcake is a dessert flavored with limoncello and lemon zest.
An easy-to-make recipe for a delicate and fragrant dessert.
To make this cake, it is necessary to use organic lemons because the zest will also be used.
A plumcake suitable for breakfast or snack, to accompany a cup of tea or herbal tea.
- 3/4 cups of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- half a level tsp of salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 5 tbsp of limoncello liqueur
- 2 tbsp of grated lemon peel
For the icing:
- about 3/4 cup of icing sugar
- limoncello liqueur, as much as needed
Beat the cold chopped butter with the salt and sugar at high speed with the whips or with the K-hook of the mixer until everything is a puffy, white, creamy mass.
Reduce the speed and add one egg at a time.
Still on very low speed, add the flour sifted with the baking powder, alternating with the milk.
Finally, add the limoncello and zest, turning with a spatula.
Pour into buttered mold and bake at 320 F for about 45 minutes to an hour ( depends on ovens), making a toothpick test.
For the frosting:
Mix powdered sugar with a few tablespoons of limoncello until syrupy.
Pour it over the warm cake and let it set before serving.
– do not skip the frosting, which besides being delicious “waterproofs” the cake and ensures a longer shelf life.
– it keeps perfectly three or four days wrapped in aluminum foil.
– don’t overcook it, or it will lose the characteristic softness of the inside, and don’t raise the oven temperature 😉
Facebook Comments Box