This easy-to-follow recipe combines the savory essence of lemons, the sweetness of sugar and a dash of Limoncello liqueur for a unique and refreshing twist.
Baked to perfection, this plumcake boasts a tender crumb and heavenly aroma that will fill your kitchen with anticipation.
Topped with a dusting of powdered sugar, each slice promises an explosion of citrusy goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Incorporate the sifted flour with baking powder, a pinch of salt, and the grated zest of lemons. Gently mix until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Add the limoncello to the batter and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the plumcake cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, dust the plumcake generously with powdered sugar.
Facebook Comments Box