Rich in comforting flavors and aromas, this hearty recipe brings together the bold essence of Italian sausage and the delicious texture of pork rinds, all cooked to perfection in a robust tomato sauce.
The combination of these simple and flavorful ingredients creates a dish that is not only satisfying, but also a celebration of authentic Italian culinary tradition.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb pork rind, cut into pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat some extra virgin olive oil and sauté the finely chopped onion until golden.
- Add the sausage and the cut pork rind to the pot. Cook until they are well browned on all sides.
- Pour the red wine into the pot and let it evaporate for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the pot.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for at least an hour, allowing all the flavors to blend well.
- During the cooking process, check the sauce consistency and add salt to taste.
- Serve the sausage and pork rind in sauce hot, perhaps accompanied by polenta, mashed potatoes, or fresh pasta.
Facebook Comments Box