This dish, also known as Risotto ai Frutti di Mare, is a celebration of the goodness of the ocean, expertly combined with the creamy richness of Arborio rice to create a symphony of flavors that will transport your taste buds to the sun-kissed shores of Italy.
In this recipe, we have artfully combined the finest seafood with the velvety texture of risotto, resulting in a dish that is as elegant as it is mouthwatering.
Each bite offers a harmonious combination of flavors, from the brackish essence of the sea to the comforting creaminess of the rice, all brought together in a delicious union of land and sea.
Whether it is a special gathering or simply a taste of coastal luxury, “Sea and Rice” promises to elevate any occasion with its irresistible appeal. Join us in the art of creating this seafood masterpiece and savor the magic of the ocean on your plate.
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups seafood or fish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mixed seafood (such as shrimp, mussels, and clams), cleaned and prepared
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)Instructions:
- In a saucepan, heat the seafood or fish stock over low heat. Keep it warm but not boiling.
- In a separate large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the skillet and stir to coat the rice with the oil, shallots, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the white wine and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Begin adding the warm seafood stock to the skillet, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue this process until the rice is creamy and tender, but still slightly firm to the bite (al dente), about 18-20 minutes.
- While the risotto is cooking, in a separate pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the mixed seafood and cook until just opaque and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the risotto is ready, stir in the cooked seafood and chopped parsley until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the risotto rest for a minute or two.
- Serve the Risotto ai Frutti di Mare in individual bowls, and if desired, offer grated Parmesan cheese for guests to sprinkle on top.This Risotto ai Frutti di Mare is a delightful and luxurious dish that captures the flavors of the sea. It’s perfect for a special occasion like New Year’s Eve. Buon appetito!
Facebook Comments Box