Linguine alle vongole in red sauce is a classic Italian dish that combines the delicate flavors of fresh clams with the rich savoriness of a tomato-based sauce.
This dish is a celebration of the sea and the vibrant flavors of Italian cuisine.
It is a perfect choice for a special dinner or gathering with friends and family.
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnishInstructions:
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine and add the clams to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add the cooked linguine to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve the linguine and clams in red sauce in individual bowls, garnished with fresh parsley.Enjoy this delightful linguine with clams in red sauce with your loved ones!
Facebook Comments Box