These airy, golden pastries, filled with a delicious ricotta cream and studded with decadent chocolate chips, are a perfect fusion of rich flavors and delicious textures.
Whether you are an experienced or novice pastry chef, this easy-to-follow recipe guarantees a batch of heavenly cream puffs that will leave everyone speechless.
Elevate your dessert game with this delicious combination of creamy ricotta, zesty lemon and the sweet surprise of chocolate.
Makes about 20 cream puffs
For the puffs:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
For the ricotta filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the butter and a pinch of salt. Once the butter is completely melted, reduce the heat and add the flour, stirring quickly until you have a smooth dough that pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Also, add the chocolate chips and mix to distribute them evenly in the dough.
- Using a pastry bag or two spoons, form small mounds of dough with chocolate chips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the puffs in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden and puffed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ricotta filling as described in the previous recipe.
- Once the puffs are baked and cooled, cut them in half and fill them with the ricotta cream.
- Dust the filled puffs with powdered sugar for a simple and elegant finish.
- Serve and savor these delightful Chocolate Chip Ricotta Puffs with a light dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy your delicious treat!
Facebook Comments Box