This delicious creation combines the rich, creamy texture of traditional cheesecake with the irresistible flavors of a classic cannoli.
Topped with a delicious layer of ricotta cream, mini chocolate chips and chopped pistachios, this dessert is a true celebration of Italian-inspired sweetness.
Whether for a special occasion or a treat, this cannoli cheesecake is sure to captivate the taste buds of all who taste it.
SERVINGS:6Ingredients:For the crust:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the crust you could also use cannoli shells.
But since I know it is a feat for many people to find them in the store or make them, you can use graham crackers.
For the filling:
- 32 oz (4 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachiosFor the cannoli cream topping:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachiosInstructions:
- Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and mix until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Place the pan on a large piece of foil and fold the foil up the sides of the pan. Place the foil-wrapped pan in a large roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan with hot water so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan. This will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit in the oven with the door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the cannoli cream topping, combine the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread the cannoli cream over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake, then remove the sides of the springform pan. Slice and serve. Enjoy your delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
Facebook Comments Box