This easy-to-follow recipe yields a set of tender cookies that are not only satisfyingly rich, but are also embellished with a touch of sweetness on the outside.
The harmonious blend of basic pantry ingredients, such as flour, sugar and milk, creates a comforting flavor profile that is sure to please all palates.
Enjoyed with a cup of tea or as a sweet snack, these cookies offer a homemade charm that makes every bite a moment to savor.
Makes about 30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Granulated sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Add the granulated sugar and a pinch of salt, mixing well.
- Add the softened butter pieces to the bowl and work the mixture with your hands until it reaches a sandy consistency.
- Add the egg and milk to the mixture, stirring well until you have a homogeneous batter. You can use a low-speed mixer to simplify the process.
- Once you have a homogeneous dough, form medium-sized balls and place them on the baking sheet, leaving space between each ball.
- Generously sprinkle each ball with granulated sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Facebook Comments Box