Kale is a green leafy vegetable belonging to the cabbage family.
Its dark, richly colored leaves are packed with nutrients, making it a popular choice for those seeking to improve their diets with healthy ingredients.
Kale, also called Tuscan cabbage or lacinato cabbage, boasts a robust flavor profile with slightly bitter undertones.
Its robust texture works well in soups, salads and sauces, making it a versatile addition to any culinary repertoire.
In addition to its culinary versatility, kale is famous for its exceptional nutritional content.
Rich in vitamins A, C and K and essential minerals such as calcium and iron, kale offers a myriad of health benefits.
Its high fiber content also aids digestion and promotes feelings of satiety, making it a valuable resource in any balanced diet.
In our kale detox soup, kale takes center stage, infusing each spoonful with its distinctive flavor and nutritional properties.
Combined with other healthy ingredients such as fresh beans and aromatic spices, this soup offers a comforting and revitalizing experience that nourishes both body and soul.
So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready to savor the goodness of kale in this delicious kale detox soup.
Get ready to enjoy a bowl of nourishment and flavor!
- 1 bunch (about 7-8 cups) kale, washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh cannellini beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, for serving (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
1. Before starting, soak the fresh cannellini beans in water overnight or for at least 8 hours. This will help in their cooking process.
2. After soaking, drain and rinse the beans under running water.
3. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until translucent.
4. Add diced carrot and celery to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add chopped kale to the pot and mix well with the sautéed vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes until the kale slightly wilts.
6. Add the soaked and drained fresh cannellini beans to the pot and mix with the vegetables.
7. Pour in the vegetable broth and add turmeric powder. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the fresh beans are tender.
8. Season the soup with salt and pepper according to your taste.
9. Serve the hot soup, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and, if desired, add a squeeze of lemon juice for a refreshing touch.
This kale detox soup with fresh beans is nutritious, flavorful, and perfect for a healthy dinner option. Enjoy!
Facebook Comments Box